This evening I made an English style leftover pie. I don’t like throwing away food. If you make this a core principle in your life, much food is rescued from uselessness. Eating your leftovers will:
– Make you conscious about food as something valuable;
– Saves some money;
– Saves trash;
– Helps you prevent a life of abundance;
– Be tasty. When food ages ‘unami’ is made, the savory flavor;
– Make you creative (what shall I make of it?);
– Give you a sense of satisfaction. You’ll give the food a purpose.
Oven dishes are a good way to use leftovers.
– 200 gr. flour (spelt or wheat)
– 110 gr. butter (I don’t like margarine)
– a little bit of yeast or baking powder
– a little bit of water to make it moist
180 °C for 40 minutes. It depends on your oven.
So don’t throw away that food and make something creative!